Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Whew! What a day!

New Orleans... such a beautiful place :)













Hi everyone!

We survived our travels from Azeroth to New Orleans!

For starters... going through security at WPB.. Saffieren was pulled asside and got felt up.. by a female security officer.. I was going to point and laugh but I figured I might get tazed.

Then breakfast of champions!!!!
Nova - Plain bagel and a screw driver
Saff - Lemom Poppy Seed muffin and a Palm Beach Airport version of a mimosa (chardonnay and OJ)

Awesome!


Plane #1 was ok.. Saff sat next to the window and me in the middle next to some nub.. I kept dropping stuff on that guy.. I'm sure he was all like.. why do I have to sit by these crazies!
We played the longest game of Harry Potter UNO ever.. as a matter of fact it never actually ended. I resigned! lol

Then BALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLING!
Discovery! Novaember has discovered Atlanta Airport!
Discovery! Saffieren has discovered Atlanta Airport!

A quik trip to the crap store for gum and water.. then head to plane #2!
Luckily Saffieren was on the ball and noticed they not only changed what gate our plane was at but they changed the ENTIRE CONCORSE! I would have missed it! WTG SAFF!

So plae #2 .. snoozer.. Some old tard was in Saff's seat next to the window.. but it was easier to just let him sit there.... W/E

ok so we arrive in New Orleans!!!
BALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLING!
Discovery! Novaember has discovered New Orleans Airport!
Discovery! Saffieren has discovered New Orleans Airport!

As we went down to baggage claim there he was Mr Awesome Limo Guy (no idea what his name was) and our stretch limo waiting for us!!!!!! whooo hooo - THAT IS ALL WE ARE GOING TO SAY ABOUT THAT!

Our hotel is AWESOME!

Then.. dun dun dun after a brief respite in the room we venture out into the great world of New Orleans... whoever came up with GPS on the cell phones is BRILLIANT! Input the address for Central Grocery.. start walkin.. so we walk and wander.. and then we arrive at CG's... AND IT IS CLOSED! WTF for real!! It was 5:30.. and they close at 5.. seriously.. 5?!!?? really? you're serious?

soo.. we stand in utter shock for a moment.. when one of those life moments happens.. some random lady goes.. what are you looking for? We go ummm CG's but they are closed.. Then she goes.. go to Franks.. a couple doors down.. they are really good. So we do.. and they are really good!!! we ordered a 1/2 Muffaletta and an order of Fries. Saff ordered a DR Pepper cause the menu says DR Pepper bt they didn't have it.. so BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

The foods come.. and ...... HOLY MOTHER..... that was some seriously tasty foods!! I haz a happy in Mah Tummies!

Not to mention.. the waiter.. wow.. ummm lets just say he was 'special' ... like short bus special.. but he was really sweet and asked if he could sign my book.. so i let him but he couldnt actually write.. but he scribbled.. then.. lol he came back later and said he needed to give me his number.. so I opened the book again for him to give me his number.. and he wrote: 6
yep 6 that is it. awesome thanks crazy Melvin or whatever his name is. bless his heart!

So more wandering and then we arrived at the place where God came to earth.. Cafe du Monde.
lol
Beignets are the necter of the Gods my friends..
Saff had a frozen cafe ole.. translation frozen cafe au lait (I think that is fancy for iced coffee)
Nova had hot chocolate
and we shared an order of beignets.. all for 8 bucks! delish!

anyway.. more wandering.. fun stuff!
oh! then we make it back to Burbon Street headed to the steet our hotel is on.. when we are just walking.. and yes I walked across a road when there was a don't walk sign.. but no cars were coming.. and then it happened.
Mr So-in-so stops us and says.. Excuse me but you didn't cross at the sign.. and I nearly shit my pants. lol
So he wrote us each a sitation.

For being too sexy.. yes it was true.. I have the paper.. HEEEEEE-LARRRRRRYYYYYYYYOUS!
It was the cat ears and Saff's devil horns that did it.

Well we finally made it back to the hotel.. BTW Burbon street smells like a mixture of pee and puke and horse shit. awesome. :)

Ok finally... today's winner of the contest: What do you think of my coin purse?
is SAFFIEREN!!! With a whopping 18 uses of the words coin purse in a sentence!!! Nova sucked balls today and only managed 9 uses. Stay tuned tomorrow to see who wins!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm, now I am thinking we need to have a who can get tazed first contest! Go, you crazies!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Can I HAZ CHEEZBURGER!?!1

Had to add this one!