Saturday, September 19, 2009

The Prince Conti




Hi Everyone
We have made it safely home to S. Florida! Whoo hoo!

Now that no one can stalk us I thought I'd let you all know about where we stayed!

The Prince Conti hotel (pronounced Prince Cont-eye) located on Conti Street just off of Bourbon in the French Quarter.
This is a very nice little hotel that is a great price and even better service!

I just cannot say enough how much we enjoyed staying there. The hotel staff were very kind and helpful 24/7!

This is an old building.. as all buildings are in the French Quarter. There are long creepy hallways and the doors to the rooms have actual keys to get in. Not those new cards you just swipe.




The room we had was small but perfect. Two double beds a desk, TV, Chair and small bathroom. I would have liked the bathroom to be bigger.. but of course I would have.. I'M A GIRL! tee hee!

The bed was so comfy! When we managed time to sleep I zonked right out. I thought that this being an old building we would hear our neighbors.. and being right off of Bourbon Street I thought they might get loud.. but nope! The only time we heard people was when some tards decided to discuss (loudly) the aligator they had for dinner right outside our door. Other than that it was quiet as the grave!

The staff were always ready to answer any questions and arrange anything you needed.

Our last night at the hotel was the only time we had any kind of issue and it was FUNNY!
After a very very very long day of walking, riding street cars, more walking, a haunted walking tour, getting our fortunes read, getting pizza to go.. we stumbled back to our room around 11:30pm. Ready to eat, pack and zonk out.

However, when I put the key into the lock.. it didn't turn. I tried again. Nothing. I got Saff to get her key (out of her coin purse) and nothing. It wouldn't budge. hmmmm ok.
So I dropped my gear and left Saff in the hall and went back to the front desk.

Sitting not far from the front desk was "Cliff the Teddy Bear" (a doorman) and as I'm waiting for the lady and the guy behind the counter to finish their conversation Cliff yells out "PEANUT BUTTER!"

I say, I don't have any Peanut Butter right now but I can probably get you some tomorrow.
lol funnies ensue... blah blah blah... the lady sends Cliff with me upstairs to check to see if I was actually going to the correct door.. you see they are used to drunks from Bourbon Street going to the wrong room. But I wasn't drunk. After Saff's Bday I had sworn off drinking ... at least for a little while.

Well Cliff and I are in the elevator and he is going on about Peanut Butter and I said maybe someone put peanet butter in the lock.. he says maybe YOU put Peanut Butter in the lock... I said maybe YOU DID since you are the one who brought up Peanut Butter first! (it goes on like this the ENTIRE TIME back and forth about Peanut Butter in locks)

So Cliff the Teddy Bear as we now call him discovered I was not at the wrong door and that it was in fact broken! He called and had the night manager come up. They fiddled with the door some. Then Cliff the Teddy Bear said he was going to go get a crow bar out of his car and pry the door open.. he walks off... the manager touches the door and it opens.. magic!
I said: "Why do you have a crow bar in your car. Maybe you have Peanut Butter in there too!"
lol
(more laughing)
Anyway so the door opened and they decided to put us in another room for the night. So Cliff the Teddy Bear goes and gets a cart and moves our stuff for us.

All in all.. The Prince Conti hotel is AWESOME! The staff is FANTASTIC.. and fun! I love it and will DEFINATELY stay there when I go again!

Stay tuned for more updates from our trip.. awards for the best and worst.. and answers to who won the "Coin Purse" contest!

~NoVa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Can I HAZ CHEEZBURGER!?!1

Had to add this one!