Thursday, September 17, 2009

Guess what we did... oh ya baby!

According to some law (I can't remember it now) the drink Absinth became legal to buy and consume in 2007...

surprise surprise surprise..


so after a night of a fantastic Vampire Walking Tour
sorry no pics.. it was too dark, creepy and we had hurricanes along the route

anyway.. where was I.. oh ya.. after the fantastic Vampire Walking Tour
we stopped to purchase the signed copy of some book.. (again sorry I forget the name)
from the author.. it was at a nice bar.. long story blah blah didn't get any book....
but we decided to order a drink..

The show Three Sheets on FLN teaches us to ask the local establishment what their drink is... so we just happened in some bar where their drink of choice is .. yes you guessed it.. Absinth

I as like.. are you shitting me?
Bartender: nope we have (insert rambling talk about strengths etc)

OK we will take 2!!!!!!

So Saff and I had Absinth ..... in New Orleans! HOW FREAKIN AWESOME IS THAT!!!!!!
score!!!! /dance

Absinth smells like black licorice.... and wow.... ok
so if you have never had it or seen it.. this is how it goes..

they bring out a glass and a spoon that has holes in it.. and absinth spoon.
they pour some absinth in the glass.. it is clear
then put a sugar cube on the absinth spoon and poor water over it.. the misture of water, sugar and absinth causes the mixture to swirl and turn green.... some people call it the green fairy

at some point there was fire.. I'm not sure when .... I forget

but anyway.. so you sip this drink.. what we had was 50% alcohol so 100 proof.. just go ahead and hit yourself with a hammer...

you sip it.. and it tastes a little like black licorice.. but after you sip.. then you get the burn in your chest. it is AWESOME!!!!! /dance

anyway.. so a lifelong quest to drink a forbidden drink.. that was illegal until 2007 has been acomplished without breaking ANY laws..
we did get acosted by a homeless woman but we thwarted her... by a tale of lies and 1/2 thruths..
she asked where we were from and Saff was on the spot with .. Azeroth.. and she said oh that is nice... lol
anyway.. we wandered back to the hotel... and are about to leave again on a drinking extravaganza.. mostly because..

we were planning on going to a certain alley at around 4am to hope to see a ghost that is spotted there often but we went to the alley tonight.. and ummm I'M VERY DISAPOINTED! they have so many lights in the alley and it is not creepy at all.. lame! I give it an F-

ok so gotta go get my drink on.. I've been wearing Kitty Ears for 2 days now.. lets see how many free drinks I can get! lol

Don't do anything I wouldn't do!

~NoVa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Can I HAZ CHEEZBURGER!?!1

Had to add this one!